Forgotten some of the highlights and lowlights of 2010? Fear not, the omnipotent Google has you covered. In Zeitgeist 2010: How the world searched, Google collated the billions of searches they processed into an interactive visualization where you can compare the popularity of some world events as seen by different countries in the world.
In addition to the visualization, Google also created a Zeitgeist 2010 video. From songs about bed intruders, double rainbows, and parping vuvuzelas to more grave concerns about politics, oil spills, and natural disasters Zeitgeist 2010 summarizes some of the major events and people that helped to shape 2010 into the year it turned out to be. Take a look below.
BONUS: Here are Google’s most strangest searches in the United States for 2010:
- can a horse have ocd?
- am i bipolar or overachiever?
- why are americans afraid of dragons?
- ninjas are better than pirates
- why is a raven like a writing desk?
- why does brian wilson dye his beard?
- should i marry him?
- i wish i could speak whale
- why couldn’t you stand on the sun’s surface?
- why does my baby grunt?