It’s no far stretch of the imagination when I tell you the last time I felt this excited about a console game was when I purchased Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto IV back in 2008. Those same giddy feelings are back as I anxiously await the release of the Playstation 3 exclusive, inFAMOUS.
Developed by Sucker Punch Productions, inFAMOUS tells the story of bike messenger Cole who survives a massive explosion in Empire City and develops electricity-based powers. Amidst infected residents, violent gangs, and a city that is decaying under his feet, Cole must get to grips with his new powers and the responsibility that comes with it. He is judged by the deeds that he does, be it good or evil – a Karma system keeps track of this, and in turn influences the growth of Cole’s powers and how the city’s residents react towards him. He can be famous, infamous, or maybe a little of both ;-)
If you’ve not been keeping up with news, then I’ve done a link roundup to keep you updated.
- inFAMOUS gets relatively favourable reviews – 87% based on 19 reviews. Read them via Metacritic
- Part 1 of the inFAMOUS comic series tells the story of the events that happen prior to the game. See it a Joystiq (7 pages).
- See various gameplay videos at GameTrailers.
- Download inFAMOUS wallpapers for your desktop.
- Pre-order your copy of inFAMOUS from two of the better local online retailers Kalahari.net or Take 2.
- Thinking of importing? Try newcomers Gamesbasement or CDWOW.
- Nate Fox and David Meyer from Sucker Punch hosted a live chat yesterday. View the Q&A session at the Playstation Blog.
- There are 50 inFAMOUS trophies that can be unlocked. See them at Console Monster.
inFAMOUS is slated for release in South Africa on Friday, May 29th. Fingers crossed it gets released that day. I have already purchased tranquilizers and alcohol in case of bad news.